Thursday, January 13, 2011

Queensland Floods


As many of you will be aware Queensland is experiencing extreme floods at the moment. If you are an Australian resident you can’t turn the TV on without seeing constant footage of the damage this disaster has caused to such a beautiful part of Australia. I am constantly amazed and horrified at the stories of survival and devastation. I can’t help but relate it to my family and think - what if we lived there, and my princess and I were the ones caught in the car on our way home from shopping and were unable to get to safety in time?! We are truly blessed to live in this beautiful part of the world and live in safety at this time.
My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones and seen lives taken right in front of them. I am also very much aware of the hard work and money needed ahead of those affected to repair all that they have lost. Many were uninsured or believed they were covered by their insurance only to discover that there are many types of flood coverage and they didn’t have the correct one for their case. I know the hard work and money that goes into renovating and repairing homes seemingly beyond repair (although my experiences are by choice not because the choice has been decided for me)and so for this reason I am going supporting the flood relief appeal by holding an auction. Check out Toni’s Blog to find out more about the auction and other crafters participating.

1 comment:

lila Braga said...

what a terrible tragedy!! Brazil is also suffering from similar tragedy at the moment!..the all world is kind of collapsing!...so sad!!!!
we should all pray for the ones that lost their family,homes and lives in these tragedies.
xxx
lila

Pinterest link