Saturday, February 4, 2012

Garage Sales

I need a new dining room setting.  I really want a white or light timber 8 seater table and ideally I would love to have chairs like this:

I found them here but to have eight shipped to Tassie was far more than the budget would allow so instead I have been on the lookout for wooden mismatched chairs with character that I will spray paint the same colour to unify them all.
 
These are the types of chairs I am looking for:
Picture these chairs all the one colour
The two above images can be found here

I have been on the lookout for quite some time hitting 2nd had stores, tip shops and the like but the last few Saturdays I have decided to get serious and hit the garage sales.  Up until today have had no success (I must admit; had I not found any today I was ready to give up and just save for the other more expensive chairs).  But today at the last stop I found this: 

Yipee!!!!!  It just needs a seat :)   I want eight mismatched chairs in total and now have 3 (one I payed far too much for at a 2nd hand store and it is not very sturdy).

The 6:30am start this morning proved too much for these two cuties ;p


At the same place I also picked up these two chairs (both in pretty bad condition but hopefully can be fixed by hubby, he tells me they are at the bottom of his job list, but we will see about that).  These are destined to go into my sewing room once completed. 


So after finally having one successful week I am ready to hit the garage sales again :)

 

5 comments:

Cullis Family said...

Cool, can't wait to see the finished products!

Rebecca said...

ahhh LOVE old msimatched chairs - good luck - second hand places charge the earth!

Jayne said...

I have a cushion for your chair - one of mine that couldnt be salvaged. I love the other 2 chairs they are gorgeous!

make it perfect said...

those two big old chairs are amazing! tell sam to move them up the priority list, i want to see them finished!!!!

Elizabeth said...

I love the idea of mismatched chairs, and I think the chairs for your sewing room are gorgeous. They had better not be at the bottom of hubby's to do list!!!!!!

Elizabeth New Zealand

Pinterest link