Monday, September 12, 2016

Whale Tale

Hi there!
I have so much to catch up on with this blog and honestly it is a little too overwhelming so have not done it for that reason but I am determined to catch you up on all the patterns I have released and not yet updated you on here.

So today I wanted to share this awesome quilt I designed a little while ago.  I was pregnant with my twins when I made it (which seems like ages ago and yesterday all at the same time).  It is quite special to me for that reason.  I remember my big pregnant belly getting in the way as I pinned the rows together.  Do any of your quilts or craft projects take you back to the time you made them and what was happening in your life then?  I digress.

So when I designed the Whale Tale pattern I wanted to design something that was perfect for twins and could be unisex depending on the colours and fabrics you chose to use.  After opening my sketch book I came across the whale sketch I had done some time earlier and the design evolved into what it is now.
I love incorporating different materials into my designs when possible and the Riley Blake Jumbo Ric Rac was perfect to create 'waves' for the whales to go swimming along. 
The quilts finish to be 41 1/2" x 51 1/2" (105.5 x 131cm) when quilted.  The Beautiful Sarah Fraser of Patchworks Plus quilted these two for me in a nautical design for most of the quilt but changed up the design  to mimic the water where the whales are.  These quilts were made using Riley Blake Basics which are so soft and lovely to work with and as the name suggests they are a perfect basic to build up your fabric supply.


I love these two quilts and hope you love them as much as me!!!

You can find the pattern available in many stares across Australia.

Whale Tale is available for wholesale through Creative Abundance or Checker distributors in the US




No comments:

Pinterest link