Sunday, December 18, 2011

Its Begining to look like Christmas

This year I have been quite 'relaxed' in my Christmas decorating.  We have a tree, and two nativities displayed (one fisher price one for the kids and a special one) but I haven't put up the wall hangings or other decorations that I normally do.

The Christmas shopping is almost finished (we are always last minute when it comes to buying the pressies - although we have been organised with pressies for the girls this year at least).

Each year I have grand plans to make new Christmas decorations and last year I challenged myself to make a Christmas tree skirt for our tree - but the year has come and gone with no tree skirt made.  Instead I placed some spare fabric under the tree, tucking under the selvedge to conceal it.  Who knows maybe next year might be the year it gets made ;p

I have 1001 things I want to do this summer and while hubby has some time off work including about 8 sewing projects but I will push them aside because the thing at the top of the list is to relax and enjoy being together as a family.

I hope where ever you are you have a chance to spend time with those you love and enjoy the real reason for Christmas.


3 comments:

AJ said...

Merry Christmas to you too! I love my Christmas tree skirt! makes the tree look good even without presents!

Lotti said...

I hope you get to relax and have fun .... projects can wait, but kids can't.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! I think the years go by quicker each year! Agreed enjoy the family time as that is what counts the most :)

Pinterest link