Friday, April 27, 2012

Apple Muffin Recipe

Recently I was given a few bags of delicious apples from my dads trees.  Knowing that we would never get through them all before they went off I stewed one bag for Sarah as she has now started solids but I also grated some to freeze for when I want to make this delicious apple muffin recipe.


Wet Mix
1 cup grated raw apple
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Dry Mix
1/2 cup plain wholemeal flour
1/2 cup S/R flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Method
Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
Thoroughly combine wet ingredients
Sift dry ingredients (return husks to bowl) and stir into wet mix.
Scoop into muffin cases
Bake 20- 25 Min's at 190 degrees Celsius (or until skewer comes out clean).
Allow to cool



Muffins are best eaten the same or following day but I often double or triple the recipe so as I can freeze some (the same day they are baked) and just reheat what I want to eat later.

I don't know about you but I love fresh warm muffins on cold winter days.

No comments:

Pinterest link