Monday, April 16, 2012

A little bit 'Vintage Modern'

As promised I want to share a few sneak peeks of my new quilt 'Flipped'.  It is now with my wonderful quilter and I am so excited to see what it turns out like (Sarah always does a fantastic job!).


It was made from a jellyroll of Vintage Modern by Bonnie and Camille for Moda although I did split the jellyroll so I could also make a cot sized version later.  I got my jellyroll from here before Sarah also had them!


Don't you just love it when fabric collections play nicely together?!  I LOVE Bonnie and Camille's fabric ranges- Bliss, Ruby and now Vintage Modern and they were so kind to match the colours so well so we can mix the fabrics from each of the collections.   

Unfortunately Vintage Modern is not available by the meter (in yardage) yet so I had to select a different fabric than I had planned for the border.  This was not all bad because I was very fortunate to have enough excess Bliss fabric set aside in my stash (from a UFO - Jayne's Love in Bliss) that I could use for the borders. 


I also added a few fabrics from Umbrella Prints that I just love!  This quilt is set to go on our bed (eventually) and I am working on including 4 different sizes in the pattern.

So I hope you like my little peeks - fingers crossed the pattern will be ready for release at the Australian Quilt Market in Sydney (a trade show).
 

2 comments:

Lotti said...

Love the colours of the quilt, it's so nice.

shelley said...

Gorgeous colours, i just love it.

Pinterest link