Monday, April 2, 2012

Strawberries Anyone?

For the last few weekends I have been stopping off at our local harvest market (so glad they started this up!) to buy one of my favourite fruits - STRAWBERRIES - they never last long in our house!

My all time favourite way to eat them is by dipping them into melted Cadbury chocolate like this.


Don't you wish you could reach through the computer and grab a handful?!!  I do!  Sadly these have gone already!

So how about some super delicious strawberries topped on some sweet pancakes?  The recipe I used was originally found over at Sarah's but I made a slight change:

Ingredients:
1 cup of SR flour
1 egg (whisked)
1 cup of milk
1 tablespoon caster sugar.

To cook I simply pour desired amount (approximately 1/4 cup) onto my flat sandwich toaster, wait for the bubbles to start appearing at the top, then gently place the top down (being careful not to push it down and flatten the pancake too much).  Lift the lid after about 15 seconds or when golden on both sides and they are ready to eat. 

I like to use the sandwich toaster because I don't need any oil to stop the pancakes sticking to the pan - and it is super easy!  But you could use a frying pan (medium heat) and flip the pancakes when the bubbles start forming at the top.

I top them with a generous scoop of ice cream and PLENTY of delicious chopped strawberries (you could coat the strawberries in a little caster sugar to sweeten them more if you want - or use a favourite ice cream topping)!


So now you know some of the ways I love to eat one of my favourite fruits.  I will be back next week with another favourite recipe.  Just in case anyone is wondering I also love apples, raspberries, nectarines, apricots and cherries (I love fruit :) )  What is your favourite fruit?



No comments:

Pinterest link