Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Homespun

Have you seen the latest issue of Homespun magazine? 


I just so happen to have a have a quilt project in this Septembers issue.  I'm embarrassed to admit but it has been a while since I bought a magazine but I absolutely adore the revamp the magazine has had since my last purchase.  The pages are thick and make you feel as if you have purchased a great priced book rather than a magazine!


The format clear and easy to read and just makes you want to try every project contained in its pages!  Can you tell I love the new look of the mag?! ;p


Okay here is my project.  Its called 'The Dance of the Butterflies'.  I first made draft one of this quilt over a year and a half ago but wasn't happy with the proportions or size of it (it was between a cot and single bed size) and lost motivation on it so set it aside (like many projects) for a little while until I could think it through further and make the design work better.  After many late nights (please tell me I am not the only one who lays awake at night working out the best way to construct quilts and other projects!) I decided to make it a cot size and absolutely love how it turned out! 


My awesome mum tested the pattern and Sarah Fraser quilted it beautifully as usual. 

'Dance of the Butterflies' was made with the Polka Dot Stitches fabric range by Lori Holt I love how vibrant and fun this fabric is.  If you want to use the same fabrics as featured in this version of 'Dance of the Butterflies' quilt head on over to my shop here


No comments:

Pinterest link