This Easter week we have had loads happening. My birthday, Easter, Anzac Day, Hubby sick, a couple of bad “all day sicknesses” days for me – darn morning sickness and Chloe has come down with a cold so has been super sensitive and gets upset at the smallest of things. Along with the above listed things happening (which I will blog about later) I was surprised to be awarded the Versatile Blogger Award from Samelia’s Mum (check out her blog here). Thanks Samelia’s Mum - what a priveledge! If you are like me you may not know much about the award so here are the rules for being awarded the Versatile Blogger:
The Versatile Blogger Award rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post
2. Tell 7 things about yourself that others might not know about you
3. Pass along the award to 15 newly discovered bloggers (some have changed this to 5 according to Sandy at Cookies and Cream Craft so I am going with 5!)
4. Contact these bloggers to let them know they’ve received the award
So what are 7 things you might not know about me?!
1. I LOOOOOOOOOVE Chocolate – perhaps a bit too much :s
2. The first job I had was working in a fish shop cutting and battering fish, potatocakes, seafood sticks and the like. (yeah it wasn’t pretty but company was good).
3. My first year at Uni I was studying Bachelor of Education and Interior Design (at TAFE) while organising our wedding at the same time.
4. I have slept on the hospital floor while being 8 months pregnant with Chloe. My grandfather had had a fall in the nursing home and been admitted to hospital not expecting to live. We (my mum, sister and aunty) were not keen to leave his side so took shifts sleeping on the floor or chair for a few nights/days – unfortunately he passed away but left us with wonderful memories and a fantastic example to follow.
5. I am an identical twin (okay many of you that follow my blog already know this) but we can’t actually read each others thoughts (unless we can see each others facial expressions or feel each others pain. Though my sis would beg to differ on the pain factor – read next point).
6. In grade three I had my fingers jammed in the hinge of the classroom door and was lucky to keep my finger tips. The nail tissue was damaged and two of my finger nails have not been the same since. I was always very self conscious of them but have since learnt not to be so self conscious of them. (My sis believes she felt some pain and had a feeling something was up with me when it happened. Lucky for her she didn’t feel the pain during childbirth! I have never felt her pain, as yet).
7. I collect shells at most beaches I visit to take a bit of the memories back with me (I keep them in a fishbowl out of Chloe’s reach ;p)
5 newly discovered Blogs:
http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/ (Sewing blog)