Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Chloe's Quilt


Quite some time ago our eldest princess decided she wanted to make a quilt (see here).  So after handing her a pile of 5 inch squares to arrange she came up with this.


We pieced it together, her sitting on my lap to take out the pins and me helping her to guide the fabric through the machine. 


It then took me quite sometime to get into gear and quilt it!  You see I wanted to hand quilt it to make it extra special for her.  But there just never seemed the time so while hubby was on Christmas holidays I set myself the goal to do it.  Well... on his last day off I picked it up and not too much later it was done!  Yippee Yay.  I used Perle 5 Cotton to quilt it with to add an extra design element to it.  My mum machine bound it so its kinda really special being made by three generations ;p 


I have just got to get into gear and put a label on it now (one day).  Speaking of which do you label your quilts?  It is something all quilters 'should do' to tell the story of the quilt but I have only ever labeled my quilts once before - when it was going as a gift to a friend.  This one quilt I want the story to remain with . :)


 Side note:  Is anyone interested in a tutorial to make it?  It is the perfect beginner quilt.  I taught my sister in law to make it when she was down over the Christmas break and she did the top in a day and even machine quilted it herself while she was over (she had never made a quilt before)!  If I get enough interest I will write a tutorial up for you.

This was a quick on the go photo to show positioning of fabrics for my sister in laws quilt 

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I'm always in awe of people who can make stuff like this.

Nettie's Blog said...

and how special that she knows she helped you make it for her...XXXX

Pinterest link