Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Easter Morning

I know this post is late in coming but I just wanted to get it recorded.  Given that hubby was away over Easter the girls and I asked my mum if we could sleep over at grandmas house.  This then meant letters needed to be written to Easter bunny to let him know where to deliver the eggs prior to going ;p.

It was great to be able to share the excitement of collecting the eggs left by Easter Bunny with mum as it is something she misses out on these days.  The girls had a blast and I let them eat as much chocolate as they wanted (and what was left would then be rationed).  I was actually surprised to see our eldest princess hand her half eaten egg to her sister saying "I've had enough sugar Sarah can have the rest of my egg".  Ah no sorry princess she has enough sugar herself - our littlest princess eats EVERYTHING so adding more chocolate to her stash wasn't an option (the crash would be awful).
During the morning we practiced Chloe's talk for Primary at church on the true meaning of Easter and Chloe also taught grandma and I a song she learnt at school sung to the tune of Humpty Dumpty.
"Easter Friday Jesus has died,
All his friend are sad and they cried.
Easter morning what a surprise!
Jesus has risen,Hooray he's alive"
I hope you all had a fantastic Easter.


No comments:

Pinterest link