Monday, April 8, 2013

Making Easter Bunny Bags (a tutorial)

I can't believe it has been almost a month since I last posted!  I am sorry.  It is mostly because life has been kind of ordinary around her with nothing too exciting to share.  I have been filled my days mostly doing mum things (I often wonder if you really want to hear or even care about the mundane happenings around here).  My littlest princess is very different to her big sister and is certainly keeping me on my toes.  She is into all sorts of mischief and can turn the tears on and off in a second!  Yeah sometimes it is so much fun being a mum!  ;p  (It is seriously all worth it and I wouldn't change it for the world!


Anyway I wanted to share the Easter treats my biggest princess made for her teachers at school and church.  She really wanted to give them something after seeing mum give some treats to some lovely friends while VT so I had a little think about what we could give that would be quick and easy to make and made mostly by her with minimal help from me so I decided on these little bunny faces.

How to make the Easter Bunny Bags:
All you need is some small plastic bags, scissors, double sided tape, black and pink buttons, white/cream card, paper squares cut to the size of the plastic bag and a pen or marker.

  • Trace some 'ears' onto the wrong side of the white/cream card and some smaller ears onto the wrong side of the pink.  Give to your child to cut along the lines (it is OK if they can't cut exactly - it adds to the charm).  Stick the smaller pink ears onto the cream/white ears using double sided tape.

  • Draw a rabbit mouth in the center of the page about 1/3 from the bottom of the square paper (I actually had our princess trace over one I did as she kept drawing it too high)
  • Stick a pink button for the nose at the top of the mouth and the eyes into position using double sided tape.
  • Fill the bags with treats, seal and stick the ears to the back of the bag using double sided tape.

They are ready to give as gifts.  I love how they are each different and a little quirky :)

I hope you all had a fabulous Easter!!! (I will share more photos of our Easter happenings a little later)


Pinterest link